PD Fast Charging
USB-Power Delivery (USB PD) is one of the current mainstream fast charging protocols, and it is a fast charging specification formulated by the USB-IF organization.
1. Introduction to PD fast charging protocol certification
USB-Power Delivery (USB PD) is one of the current mainstream fast charging protocols, and it is a fast charging specification formulated by the USB-IF organization. USB PD increases power delivery through USB cables and connectors, extending cable bus power capabilities in USB applications. This specification enables higher voltages and currents, delivers up to 100 watts of power, and can freely change the direction of power delivery.
The USB-IF organization released an important update of USB PD 3.0, officially launched PPS (Programmable Power Supply), which aims to unify the technical specifications of fast charging, and successfully incorporated Qualcomm's QC4.0.
2. The importance of PD fast charging protocol certification
USB-PD is a highly interactive protocol, very flexible, and a very advanced charging protocol on the market. In view of the consideration of time, cost, technology maturity and compatibility, USB-PD will become the main trend. Fast charging based on "USBPD+Type-C" will become the mainstream fast charging mode, and various industries related to charging will move in this direction. In the future, a large number of mobile phones, computers and peripherals will adopt the USB-PD charging solution.
3. PD fast charging protocol certification process
1. Sign the contract
2. Submit samples, sample data and documentation
3. Product testing
4. Sign the PD fast charging agreement
5. Audit report, forensics
6. Upload the website
4. Materials to be prepared for PD fast charging protocol certification
1. More than 2 test samples
2. Component list (BOM)
3. PCB board wiring diagram (LAYOUT)
4. Sample schematic diagram and manual
6. Fill in the application form Note: The specific information is confirmed according to the product specifications.